The latest news can be found here.
Robotics for trenchless applications:
BADGER Consortium visits TRACTO-TECHNIK
BADGER stands for “RoB
ot for A
round Trenchless OpER
ations, Mapping and Navigation. The aim of this EU funded three-year research project is to develop the first autonomous robotic system which can independently locate, map and navigate underground and is equipped with special drilling tools to install horizontal and vertical pipeline networks. In addition to robotics, further trendsetting technologies such as sensor fusion, odometry, georadar and machine learning play a vital role in the project.
Impressing pipe renewal in Australia
Yarraville is one of the many fringe areas in the west of the Australian metropolis Melbourne. Like all suburbs of Melbourne within a circumference of 5 to 10 km, it belongs to the administration district of the city of Maribyrnong. Typical for Yarraville is the chequered streetscape with its detached houses bedded in gardens and rows of trees. The overall picture encompasses parks and recreation areas like the McIvor Reserve, with large and small sports grounds and recreation centres, playing fields, dog runs and adventure playgrounds, which are used intensely by the residents.
Mobile Keyhole technology SGN improve and innovate operations
Gas grid operator SGN are constantly striving to improve and innovate their operations and services. One of several projects aiming to deliver an end to end Keyhole solution for current operational activities is the “iCore” project, which was realised in co-operation with TT. As part of the project’s realisation, the SGN staff attended a four-week customised training course at the TRACTO-TECHNIK training centre in Germany.
RIVER STOCKACH IS HYPED UP!
In Stockach, close to Lake Constance in the District of Constance, Germany, the installation of a new power supply line demanded several crossings beneath the Stockacher Aach, a river flowing from the west of Upper Swabia. To do so, four HDD bores were required, which were made using a GRUNDODRILL25N and a GRUNDODRILL18ACS drill rig by manufacturer TRACTO-TECHNIK.
A BOARDWALK FOR NATURE CONSERVATION
LIK.Nord is not just an abbreviation for "Landschaft der Industriekultur Nord" (Northern Landscape of Industrial Culture), a large and unique nature conservation project in the Saarland federal state in Germany; it also stands for the LIK.Nord "Zweckverband" or "administrative union". The mining, iron and steel industries have had a strong influence on shaping the region between Neunkirchen and Illingen at the heart of the Saarland for many decades. The decline of these industries left a vacuum for people and nature alike. Naturally, nature fought back and amassed valuable potential which is now to be developed, used and preserved for humans.
- In Wellington, the capital of New Zealand, an existing 152 mm (6 inch) section of earthenware sewer had to be renewed in Adelaide Road. Contractor GP Friel Ltd. were engaged by Wellington Water to do this challenging job. Engineering consultancy CH2M...
- While fibre optic cables to the home are designed to provide access to the latest that technology has to offer, like high speed broadband internet and hundreds of high quality, high definition television programs, the tools that are often used to ins...
- As a “Hidden Champion” TRACTO-TECHNIK GmbH & Co. KG ranks among the most innovative medium-sized companies in Germany. All of the machines and systems for trenchless pipe installation are developed and produced at the headquarters in ...
- BADGER (RoBot for Autonomous UnDerGround Trenchless OpERations, Mapping and Navigation) is a three-year research project funded with 3.7M€ by the European Commission under the HORIZON2020 programme, which starts in January 2017. This is one of t...
- From December 5th to 7th, 2016 the managing directors of the worldwide TRACTO-TECHNIK group of companies gathered for the first Group Meeting at the company headquarters in Lennestadt-Saalhausen in Germany....
- Visit the TRACTO-TECHNIK UK stand at NO-DIG Live in Peterborough from September 20 - 22, 2016 (Outdoor Area 5).On more than 400m² we present our complete range of innovative and sustainable solutions for trenchless pipe installation and rene...
- German manufacturer TRACTO-TECHNIK is a pioneer in developing and producing trenchless technologies which provide innovative profitable and sustainable solutions for the underground installation of pipes and cables.In the early 1970ies, TT designed t...
- Gas distribution networks SGN are constantly striving to improve and innovate their operations and services. One of several projects aiming to deliver an end to end Keyhole solution for current operational activities is the “iCore” projec...
- In Stockach, close to the Lake Constance in the District of Constance, Germany, the installation of a new power supply line demanded several crossings beneath the Stockacher Aach, a river flowing from the west of Upper Swabia. To do so, four HDD bore...
- IFAT ist he world’s leading trade for water, sewage, waste and raw materials management. The emphsis is on strategies and solutions for sustainably using resources. The innovative solutions from TRACTO-TECHNIK for the trenchless installation an...