Tensile load measuring device by TT for safe pipe pulling
Why tensile load measuring ?
Tensile load measurement is a means of quality assurance at the jobsite which has to be carried out upon the client’s request. Overstraining, accompanied by possible material attenuation of plastic, steel or cast iron the product pipes can thus be prevented. Tensile load measurement enables the immediate recognition of overstraining in real-time (live), adequate measures can already be started duringpipe pulling. These include reduction of the coat friction belongs to these measures, for example increasing the amount of fluids, applying lubricants or reducing speed while pulling in the pipes.
Meanwhile tensile load measurement is a standard procedure used for all trenchless installation methods. Under the name of GRUNDOLOG,TT provides suitable measuring systems for fluid-assisted HDD as well as for the pipe bursting method. GRUNDOLOG is manufacturer-independent and can be used with all trenchless installation systems.
Tensile load measurement requirements
• Simple assembly into the pipe string due to short length and low weight of the device
• Assembly and operation forces do not interfere with the boring process
• High precision measuring
• Broad coverage of the measuring range
• Large database
• Option to evaluate data on site
• Long operation time
Tensile load measurement is based on the following German standards :
- DVGW-GW 321 - (Directional horizontal fluid-assisted drilling for gas and water pipe lines)
- DVGW-GW 322/1 - (Trenchless replacement of gas and water pipe lines exerting thrust-pull methods)
- DVGW-GW 323 - (Trenchless renewal of gas and water pipe lines exerting pipe bursting)
- DWA M143-15 - (Renewal of sewerage and sewer pipes exerting pipe bursting)
- RSV 8 - (Renewal of drainage pipes and connection lines exerting pipe bursting)
According to these standards, the tensile loads affecting the product pipe directly must be measured and logged.
Which tensile loads are permissible?
The permissible loads are listed in these standards / data sheets in table form. The values depend on the type of pipe material used, the time it takes to pull in the pipe and the surrounding temperatures. The copyright does not allow free publication of the standards and data sheets. However, you can order the German version directly via the special book shop www.nodig-books.com.
The new GRUNDOLOG III (3rd generation) meets all requirements. Especially the improved measuring technique which lead to the development of this small and compact tensile load measuring device.
Grundolog III basic body
Grundolog III for pipe bursting systems
Grundolog III for HDD systems
|Type||Dimensions basic body||for plastic pipes
cast iron pipes
|From 0-80 kN||L = 300 mm, D = 90 mm||0-180 mm OD|
|From 0-400 kN||L = 410 mm, D = 115 mm||0-400 mm OD||0-150 mm OD||0-400 mm AD|
|From 0-1250 kN||L = 520 mm, D = 140 mm||0-630 mm OD||0-400 mm OD||0-600 mm AD|
Display monitoring 15N
Grundologs system for pipe bursting
The tensile load can be evaluated and monitored on site by using of a laptop with an integrated special software. The final data log can be printed out for documentation.
Sample data log